Lets talk about film-life topics with the VFX DP of Inception, Dark Knight, Hunger Games:
- Managing a team of people you don't know
- Managing time on set
- Delegating tasks
- Relationship with upper-management
- Career path from something non film through lighting, to DP-ing
- Work/Private-Life Balance
- Financial planning while working in film industry
We never expect someone else to imagine a book the same way we do, but we always demand others to imagine the execution of a task exactly the same way we have.
Transferring thoughts don’t happen by itself, you have to learn how to do it properly and precisely.
An in-depth article about delegating and micromanaging.
Do you remember your worst boss ever? Have you ever wanted to become like him/her? We have seen a lot of HODs who became the stereotypical “horrible boss”. I doubt they ever wanted to become like that.
The Competence Ladder is a concept for understanding the process of gaining new skills.
By getting a hold on how this process works, we can eliminate a lot of needless stress, waste of energy, and even quitting.